- Accredited Member of the Yacht Designers & Surveyors Association (YDSA)
- Member of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects
- YDSA / MCA approved Tonnage Measurer
- Holds full professional indemnity and public liability insurance
- Yachtmaster Offshore (18yrs)
- Full member of the Cornwall Marine Network
- Diploma in Marine Surveying with accreditation in Small Craft from Lloyds Maritime Academy & The National Sea Training Centre
- BTEC & Higher National Diploma in Engineering (Yacht Manufacturing Technology and Marine Industries Management)
- City and Guilds Certificate in Yacht, Boatbuilding, Ship & Joinery Studies
- College Technicians Diploma in Yacht and Boatbuilding
Please contact me for more information.
- Worked in a local boatyard, ultimately managing the Shipwright, GRP and Painting departments. This company specialised in damage repair work for insurance companies. Other positions held included Purchasing manager and Leadhand in GRP department.
- Owned & managed a company in in Spain specialising in GRP & composite repairs, fairing, painting, varnishing, and slurry blasting, becoming a recognised osmosis centre for boats from 6m to 24m.
- Professional crew on yachts such as a Swan 77’ and an Oyster 55’ sailing in the Mediterranean, Caribbean, British Columbia and Alaska and later moved to a 56M aluminum motor yacht as the Bosun & ship's joiner.
- 25 years experience building, repairing, managing, assessing, sailing and enjoying yachts.